How we take care of your personal data
AQUALON takes personal privacy and the protection of integrity seriously. Representatives of AQUALON customers, suppliers and other stakeholders such as partners or students who are in contact with AQUALON (“Partner”) shall feel confident that AQUALON respects their privacy and adheres to applicable laws and regulations when collecting and processing information that may be used to identify a person (“Personal Data”). The information provided in this document applies if AQUALON has not communicated otherwise at the time of the collection of the Personal Data.
What information we collect
AQUALON can collect Personal Data directly from a Partner who meets with AQUALON personnel, visits AQUALON’s websites, opens newsletters, downloads AQUALON materials, or uses AQUALON’s products or services.
AQUALON collects and processes Personal Data of Partners for the following purposes:
- Carrying out AQUALON’s obligations under, or when entering into, a contractual relationship between AQUALON and a Partner.
- Facilitating effective communication and relationships between AQUALON and the Partner (Customer Relationship Management). .
- Managing the security of AQUALON’s products, services, intellectual property rights and other offerings.
- Analyzing sales data and how a Partner interacts with AQUALON’s products and services in order to improve the user experience and content of such products and services.
- Marketing, surveys and communication.
- Compiling statistics related to patterns and trends of browsing on AQUALON web pages or use of other applications or software.
- Managing enquiries or other requests regarding AQUALON’s products and services
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
AQUALON will not disclose a Partner’s Personal Data to third parties if it is not required in order to fulfill a purpose listed above. Any transfer of Personal Data to a third party inside the EU/EEA will only take place if the recipient is compliant with AQUALON’s internal rules which governs the protection of Personal Data. Any transfer of Personal Data to a third party outside the EU/EEA will be based on the EU model clauses or similar constructions such as binding corporate rules or the US privacy shield.
When processing of Personal Data is based on consent, a Partner may at any time withdraw its given consent provided that the withdrawal of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of the previous processing, or when there are other legal grounds for the processing.
A Partner may, under applicable data protection law, have the right to: (i) receive information on which Personal Data relating to the Partner AQUALON processes; (ii) receive access to such data and, if necessary, have it changed so it is correct; (iii) have the Personal Data relating to the Partner deleted; (iv) restrict AQUALON from processing, or limit the way AQUALON may process, the Partner’s Personal Data; (v) obtain from AQUALON a copy of the Personal Data provided by the Partner, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
How we protect your data
AQUALON processes Personal Data in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
How long we keep data
AQUALON retains the Partner’s Personal Data only as long as it is necessary in order to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Please note that AQUALON can be under a legal or contractual obligation to retain the Personal Data which might require AQUALON to keep the data for longer periods.
If you have any questions about this policy, you are welcome to contact us by using the information below. You also have the right to contact or lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.